AcceleratorYYC is an entrepreneur led co-work space tailored to the unique needs and challenges of early stage tech startups. We are about providing the resources needed to answer the question ‘I’ve quit my job - I’m in a startup - what now?’
Within the past year, AcceleratorYYC has grown as an industry partner and support centre for the startup tech community in Calgary. Startups who have become members of the community space have received:
- Mentorship from industry alumni, entrepreneurs and executives
- Daily interaction & collaboration with like-minded entrepreneurs and startups
- On-going education & financial support from industry partners
- Opportunities to connect with potential customers, partners and investors
With the support of our industry partners, we were able to impact over 35+ startups last year and help them develop.
Our members won the “A100 One to Watch Award” at the Startup Calgary Launch Party in 2011 & 2012 and received media exposure with the Calgary Herald, Global TV, CTV, and TechVibes (among others.)
AcceleratorYYC is run like a startup by startups. We will iterate to build the best shared office space available. Set-up with the support of the Calgary technology community, the founding directors are:
- Christian MacLean- Co-Founder of Cardinal Media Technologies; VP of Strategic Partnerships, Startup Calgary; President of Decoder; and Co-Founder of BeauCoo.
- Victoria MacLean- Co-Founder of Cardinal Media Technologies; VP of Resourcing, Decoder; President/Executive Director at Startup Calgary; and Co-Founder of BeauCoo.
- Pieter Boekhoff- Founder of Fenture Solutions, and COO of POSH View Inc.
Christian and Victoria have stepped away from AcceleratorYYC to focus their efforts on their recent startup, BeauCoo.
Please contact our Community Liaison, Jenn Egroff, if you would like to visit the space and receive more information, or fill out the Contact Us Form for more information.