Showing posts tagged as "Pitching"
Don’t miss out on the chance to accelerate your startup: AcceleratorYYC and VA Angels are hosting another BaseCamp investment bootcamp May 31- June 3, 2013.
In January 2013, R. Stewart (Randy) Thompson, Angel Investor and CEO of VA Angels, trained 10 local startup founders to ‘think like the investor.’ Given 3.5 days of in-depth exercises, guest speakers (Kevin Swan from iNovia), and peer feedback, founders completed the bootcamp “extremely satisfied” with ”huge improvements on their previous investment knowledge.” They came to realize how an investor’s mind works, how to calculate the numbers and to back those numbers up with their own companies.
Throughout the weekend, they helped one another out and grew stronger as a group of highly knowledgeable and educated entrepreneurs. They worked closely with a few angel investors from VA Angels & Espresso Capital and had some great discussions about venture capital funding with Kevin Swan from iNovia.
While learning the ins and outs of funding their startup, founders also received insight on their own Investor Pitch Deck. They feverishly worked on their pitch during any given spare moment throughout the weekend, perfecting it for their pitch opportunity on the Ironwood Grill’s stage. According to the founders, pitching and getting feedback was one of the most valuable outcomes from the bootcamp weekend!
The top 4 (there was a tie for third place) founders pitched to a live, eager audience of angelduring the catered Accelerate Fund Dinner at the Ironwood. Guests included: Dave Edmonds, Industry Chair, A100; Warren Bergen, VP of Corporate Development, AVAC; Paul Cataford, Partner, Espresso Capital; among many other industry leaders.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, Register Now!
Also, save $50 when you also become an AcceleratorYYC Community Member.
Payment Processing Proudly Providing by:
AcceleratorYYC is focused on providing startups with more opportunities: Learning opportunities to help further skills and knowledge. Networking opportunities to build connections and strengthen relationships. Promotional opportunities to increase their customer base, investor potential, and leadership team. Among many other things.
Next week, we are launching three new events & workshops that all focus on helping you grow and succeed:
1) The first workshop is Pitching 101, led by Alex Raczenko and co-hosted by AcceleratorYYC and Innovate Calgary. Alex is one of Innovate Calgary’s Entrepreneur-in-Residence and a mentor to founders of AcceleratorYYC. Pitching 101 will be held on Tuesday, February 19 and 26 at 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Improve your pitching skills and gain valuable knowledge from one of the best business coach in the startup community. For more information and to register, click here.
2) The second workshop is the TeamThink AITF Grant Program Workshop LAUNCHING Wednesday, February 27 from 12 to 3 p.m and repeating on Wednesday, March 7. This workshop is all about filling out the Alberta Innovates Technology Futures (AITF) 15K Voucher Grant. The deadline to fill out the grant is April 2, and it can be a very daunting task. But with coaching from Sandor Kiss, a Marketing and Sales Consultant with TeamThink, filling out the application can be a lot easier. Why miss an opportunity to receive a $15,000 grant for your startup? For more information and to register, click here.
Pitching 101 and the TeamThink AITF Grant Program Workshop are free for AcceleratorYYC members!
3) Finally, AcceleratorYYC is re-launching its Startup Slyngshot program on Tuesday, February 19. Classes will be offered every Tuesday and Thursday at 6 to 8 p.m. for four weeks. This will help to accommodate those “entrepreneurs-at-heart” who aren’t just ready yet to quit their day job and go full force into beginning their tech startup.
Startup Slyngshot is a four stage program that consist of classes ranging from pitching, marketing, funding and more. For more information, including pricing and registration please click here.
So what are you waiting for? AcceleratorYYC is the co-working space that gives you the opportunities you’re looking for; instead of waiting for opportunities to come to you. To quote, Benjamin Franklin, “To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do to conclusions.”
AcceleratorYYC & VA Angels are excited to announce BaseCamp, an exclusive two-day business accelerator & funding bootcamp for tech startups.
Part of the VA Angels’ Summit Series, BaseCamp will be led by R. Stewart (Randy) Thompson, angel investor and CEO of VA Angels. BaseCamp is a crucial investment that will give you the valuable connections you need to reach your next funding milestone. Only 15 founders will get the exclusive opportunity to:
- Talk directly with investors about what they are looking for and how to protect yourself and your startup (Local VC speakers included!)
- Form connections with many of the influencers and active investors in the Alberta investment community. (Typically, access to these investors can cost up to $1,000!)
- Learn how to create a product plan, discuss sales & marketing, and determine how to value your company and sell shares - all from real angel investors, not consultants
- Create a valuable Investor Deck that will be presented to an experienced panel of judges
You will have the opportunity to pitch to a distinguished panel of investors and community influencers. The top 3 finalists will pitch during a catered dinner sponsored by the new $10M Accelerate Fund. Every founders gets the opportunity to attend the investor dinner and mingle with the key decision makers and the Accelerate Fund keynote speaker!
Dates & Agenda:
Saturday, Jan 5 from 9:00 am -5:00 pm at AcceleratorYYC, (200, 1212 9th Ave SE, Calgary)
- Understanding Investor Needs
- What Makes Your Company Special
- Identifying Key Investor Pitch Criteria
- Deal Structuring
Sunday, Jan 6 from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm at AcceleratorYYC
- Financial Modeling and Deal Structuring
- Choosing Teams and Growth Strategies
- Mock Angel Group Presentations
Monday, Jan 7 from 1:00 - 4:00 pm and 6:00 - 8:00 pm (Location TBA)
Merchant services provided by:
Start 2013 on the right track: Don’t miss out on your next crucial networking and funding opportunity!
Founders, register for your BaseCamp Pass now! We look forward to seeing you at the top of the Summit!