Showing posts tagged as "tech community"
We couldn’t be happier for our friends at Startup Calgary as they launch their new strategic vision!
Now “Focused on the Start,” Startup Calgary will be targeting programs, projects and events that work towards:
- Sparking people’s ideas for building their own startup
- Getting people actively working on building their startup idea
- Assisting these “pre-startups” in getting the tools, resources, mentorship, funding and customers required to make the leap into being a full-time startup
One of those exciting initiatives is Startup Calgary Hack Nights. Every Tuesday evening from 5:00 to 10:00 pm, AcceleratorYYC will become your weekly gathering point to connect, learn and most importantly, build your startup.
Startup Calgary Hack Nights include:
- Full access to the entire Startup Calgary team alongside drop in mentorship, investor advice, free resources and general support as you build your startup
- Hack Nights includes full access to desks, power outlets, boardrooms, whiteboards, meeting space, wifi and most importantly, free beer and Red Bull!
Startup Calgary is currently looking for those who:
- Have an idea for a startup
- Are actively working to get a startup off the ground
- Are looking to work in a startup either as a student volunteer, intern or full time employee. We seriously love students so don’t be shy and come on out!
- Have the ability and experience to mentor, support or fund startups
There’s no need to register for Hack Nights but if you have any questions or would like to chat more, contact Sean Collins (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jason Zeiler (email@example.com) for more details.
At AcceleratorYYC, we look forward to working with Startup Calgary and be a part of this new exciting vision and Hack Night initiative. Let’s work together to help our startup community grow!
As many of you may or may not know, I fell in love with Alberta’s tech community at the AccelerateAB conference last year in Edmonton. While working in the tech community in Saskatoon, I received an email invite from Sean Collins, one of the conference organizers (who I am sure many of you already know!). A few weeks later, I was on the road to Edmonton, excited to check out this new “tech conference” on my own.
Nervous and slightly terrified, I walked into the pre-party and was immediately greeted by Victoria MacLean, co-founder of Startup Calgary, AcceleratorYYC and BeauCoo (just to name a few!). She was one of many extremely friendly, smart, and optimistic people I met that weekend.
I was inspired by the energy of the crowd, the enthusiasm of the speakers, the quality of the sessions, and the impressive guests from the A100 and the C100 in the Valley. Only a few months later, I moved to Calgary and was offered this great role at AcceleratorYYC!
And now for the 2013 details…AccelerateAB is back!
Alberta’s largest startup tech event is taking over Stampede in Calgary on July 10th and 11th, 2013. Mark your calendars now.
Built exclusively for Alberta’s tech entrepreneurs, the 2013 event will see some radical changes to further connect and showcase our startups.
- Demo Alley event to allow every startup in the province to truly showcase themselves to our community both provincially and abroad
- The conference program will be CRAZY interactive with quirky, never before seen events to truly hype our local companies
- A startup billeting program to connect Edmonton and Calgary startups and make it easier on the wallet
The website and registration will launch in mid-December, just in time for you to buy a ticket to AccelerateAB as a last-minute stocking stuffer for your favorite tech entrepreneur or your co-founder.
Make sure to follow on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/accelerateab for all the updates, speaker announcements and event details!
AccelerateAB. Calgary. July 10th and 11th, 2013.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.